Niamey Climate & Temperature
- Niamey, Niger is at 13°29'N, 2°9'E, 227 m (745 ft). See map.
- Niamey has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Niamey is situated in or near the tropical very dry forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 29.3 degrees Celsius (84.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9.7 °C (17.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 540.8 mm (21.3 inches) which is equivalent to 540.8 Litres/m² (13.26 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3082 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Niamey you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Laucala Bay, Fiji where you would find a Tropical wet climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Niamey Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Niamey Climate Graph in Metric Units
Niamey Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Niamey, Niger Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: